We’re seeking a Development Associate!
The Data Coalition is seeking a full-time Development Associate to help build our campaign for open data! If that person might be you or someone you know, read on.
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits, with the potential for performance-based bonuses. We are the only trade association pursuing the publication of government information as standardized, open data. Through advocacy, outreach, and events, the Coalition supports policy reforms that require governments to transform their information.
Open data enhances accountability, improves government management, reduces compliance costs, and stimulates innovation. Representing a cross-section of the technology industry, the Data Coalition membership includes market leaders such as IBM, Workiva, RR Donnelley, PwC, Booz Allen Hamilton, and CGI Federal and growing startups such as idaciti, FiscalNote, and OpenDataSoft. Interested candidates should submit a resume to email@example.com.
1. Reporting to the Executive Director, develop and execute an annual development plan aimed at building the Coalition’s membership base of Executive, Partner, Regular, Startup, and Individual Members.
2. Identify and pursue potential new Coalition members and potential membership upgrades.
3. Raise sponsorships to support Coalition events.
4. Research, recommend, and execute potential opportunities to establish and fund the Data Foundation, a parallel research organization.
5. Work with our events and member services team to coordinate services to existing members with outreach to potential members.
6. Work with our events and member services team to ensure that Coalition events are structured to maximize new member recruitment.
7. Work with our communications team to ensure that Coalition messaging communicates the opportunities and benefits of Coalition membership.
8. Work with our policy team to align the Coalition’s advocacy and development efforts.
9. Work with our Executive Director to ensure that members of the Coalition’s Board of Directors and Board of Advisors participate actively in development efforts.
1. A bachelor’s degree.
2. Four or more years of development or sales experience.
3. A background in successfully securing gifts or donations in the $25,000 – $50,000 range.
4. Strong communications skills.
5. Experience in membership-based fundraising or political organization management.
The Data Coalition provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Data Coalition complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.