We’re Expanding! Job Opening: Communications Associate
The Data Coalition is a leading trade association advocating on behalf of the private sector and public interest for the transformation of government information into standardized, open data. Based in Washington DC, the Data Coalition represents over forty-five prominent technology and data analytics companies as well as public sector consulting and accounting firms.
The Data Coalition seeks a Communications Associate to work as part of its fast-paced communications team. The Communications Associate will report to the Communications Director and is responsible for assisting with the overall strategy to communicate the Data Coalition’s mission, policy agenda, and events. The associate will be familiar with juggling multiple tasks and working in an agile, personable work environment. The position requires excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, proven writing and editing abilities.
- Provides communications and media relations support to the Communications Director
- Uses tools including Meltwater to develop media lists and monitor media clips. Monitors media clips daily and compiles and distributes media reports.
- Contributes to the creation and distribution of email marketing for events ranging from 100 – 600 attendees
- Drafts content for the bi-weekly newsletters via Mailchimp
- Monitors and provides suggestions for updates and edits to the website as necessary
- Drafts compelling advocacy material and overview documents of the Coalition to support the organization’s advocacy goals
- Expands and maintains an active and engaged mailing list. Requires creating targeted distribution list and online sign up forms
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 or more years of social media, public affairs, media relations, or marketing experience
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, PR, marketing, political or social science
- Proficient in WordPress, Mailchimp, Squarespace
- Proven copywriting skills and familiarity with leading style guides
- Ability to communicate in a professional setting and when necessary represent the organization before private sector executives, media and press, and public officials
- Demonstrated social media marketing knowledge across a variety of platforms
- Excellent project and task management skills
- Experience working in a non-profit or membership-based organization, or Congressional office.
Pay is commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive salary and benefit program.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to email@example.com.