The Data Foundation is a non-profit think tank based in Washington, D.C. that seeks to improve government and society by using data to inform public policymaking. Our research and educational activities proactively and rapidly address relevant, emerging data-related needs in the country with the goal of devising realistic solutions, accelerating policy coordination, and advancing innovation. The Data Foundation values diversity and transparency in pursuit of an equitable, data-informed society.
As the country’s leading data policy think tank, the Data Foundation supports informed dialogue and thought leadership on emerging strategies and applications for accessing, using, and applying data in ways that are useful for decision-making. By collecting, sharing, and using data in new ways, government and society can become more effective, more efficient, and more open.
The Data Foundation is currently seeking a Project Associate who can perform administrative, operational, and organizational tasks to support the mission of the organization. The Project Associate role works closely with communications and marketing activities, to support events, and the implementation and use of the association management system.
This non-supervisory position may be based in Washington, D.C. or virtually in the United States, with expectations for an eastern standard time work schedule.
The Data Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support events sponsored by the Data Foundation, including promotion and planning (25%)
- Use available tools to support social media engagement, email distribution, website updates, and other basic public communication activities (20%)
- Coordinates with relevant staff to update and maintain the association management system, relevant contact lists, and other records for organizational funders and supporters (20%)
- Participate in the development and publication of newsletters to a variety of stakeholders (10%)
- Support relevant research and policy priorities of the organization (10%)
- Complete other projects and assignments relevant to fulling the organizational mission (15%)
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Willingness to work in a non-partisan capacity
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, particularly through written materials
- Ability to multitask on numerous projects, large and small, in both collaborative and independent situations
- Demonstrated research and organizational skills
- Basic knowledge of social media, marketing tools, graphic design, and web editing
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Applicant must have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
The Data Foundation offers a competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience and education. The position is budgeted at $38,000 for full-time; part-time applications will also be considered.
Individuals interested in this position should email a (1) cover letter explaining your interest in the position, (2) cv or resume, and (3) contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the subject line of the email. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled with initial reviews beginning on September 5, 2021. Multiple positions may be filled from this posting.