We’re Expanding! Job Opening: Director of Development
The Data Transparency Coalition is seeking a full-time Director of Development. We are offering a competitive salary and benefits, with the potential for performance-based bonuses.
The Data Transparency Coalition (datacoalition.org) is the only trade association pursuing the publication of government information as standardized, machine-readable data. Through advocacy, education, and collaboration, the Coalition supports policy reforms that require consistent data standardization and publication. Data transparency enhances accountability, improves government management, reduces compliance costs, and stimulates innovation. Representing a cross-section of the technology industry, the Data Transparency Coalition membership includes market leaders such as Teradata Corporation, Workiva, RR Donnelley, PwC, Booz Allen Hamilton, and CGI Federal and growing startups such as FindTheBest, Enigma.io, and Level One Technologies.
Interested candidates should submit a resume to email@example.com.
- Reporting to the Executive Director, develop and execute an annual development plan aimed at building the Coalition’s membership base of Executive, Partner, Regular, Startup, and Individual Members.
- Identify and pursue potential new Coalition members and potential membership upgrades.
- Research, recommend, and execute potential opportunities to establish and fund complementary organizations such as a research foundation and a political action committee.
- Work with our events and member services team to coordinate services to existing members with outreach to potential members.
- Work with our events and member services team to ensure that Coalition events are structured to maximize new member recruitment.
- Work with our communications team to ensure that Coalition messaging communicates the opportunities and benefits of Coalition membership.
- Work with our policy team to align the Coalition’s advocacy and development efforts.
- Work with our Executive Director to ensure that members of the Coalition’s Board of Directors and Board of Advisors participate actively in development efforts.
- Manage corporate and supporter constituency lists within the Coalition’s overall contact management system.
- Recruit and supervise a development intern.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Four or more years of development or sales experience.
- Background in successfully securing gifts or donations in the $10,000 – $50,000 range.
- Strong communications skills.
- Experience in volunteer management.
- Basic design skills.
- Experience in membership-based or political organization management.